You Already Know Marketing Is Important To Your HVAC Business in Danbury …
Use proper HVAC marketing methods that works well in Danbury. And the best ones are the most basic. One trick is to get ideas from other industries. What works elsewhere usually will work for HVAC contractors marketing as well. Another trick is to test every HVAC marketing tool you use. Test small to see if the tool actually works, then track your results. And keep tracking continuously.
There are a few different types of marketing HVAC contractors use. The first is consumer marketing. This is directly aimed at attracting people in the market to get new clients. HVAC marketing concepts for consumer marketing are: Direct marketing with letters and postcards, TV, Radio, and print ads. The second type of HVAC marketing is aimed at other businesses. Home Builders and construction companies are great sources of getting new clients. Referrals from other businesses are also great income producers.
The problem is that managing your HVAC company is stressful enough already. To remain successful, you also have to determine and manage your HVAC marketing plan – which is a difficult job if you don’t have a dedicated marketing staff to get it done.
The Benefits of a Local SEO Campaign for HVAC Company
The HVAC business in the United States has seen unprecedented growth in the last few years. Innovative new products, government- backed tax rebates, and a renewed focus on indoor air quality and energy conservation are some of the main factors that have contributed to this growth. In addition to these factors, consumers are using the Internet to educate themselves about HVAC-related purchase decisions. They research different products and use social media to talk to other consumers before they make a purchase decision.
As an HVAC business owner, the increased use of social media by your customers and potential customers has opened up a lot of opportunities for you. You can use social media to do research as well as lead generation.
In terms of research, you can use social media websites to find out the following:
- What your current customers are saying about you.
- How people perceive your competitors.
- The types of offers that your competitors are offering.
- Who your potential customers could be.
- What your potential customers are looking for in a new HVAC system and after-sales service.
- How to reach potential customers.
The information that you gather from your research is very important. While it could take some time to get more educated about your customers and your competition, the knowledge that you gain can be used to create more effective messages for your traditional as well as your online advertising. For example, if you see a lot of people looking for proper after-sales service, you have the opportunity to reach out to them with effective service coupons that not only meet their needs, but also beat out offers from your competitors.
Once you have gathered all the information you need and are ready to start lead generation, you can use a number of resources to reach your target audience. Some of them are as follows:
- Online coupon sites like Groupon.com and LivingSocial.com: These sites have a large following and having your business featured on these can help you generate a large number of leads for a low cost. Since these sites promote themselves very well, you don't need to put in any additional efforts to promote your offers.
- Coupons on local newspaper, radio and television websites: Local media websites have started to promote a lot of local businesses recently because of tough economic times and the tendency of consumers to look for deals online.
- Facebook and Twitter: Use your Facebook and Twitter networks to promote special offers. A good offer can go viral very quickly.
- Your own website: Make special offers prominent on your website home page. Most of the time, visitors to your site already know what they want. Making offers more visible just aids them to make a faster decision to use your services.
- Yahoo and Google Local: Both Yahoo and Google Local are very popular sites to list your business. Most of the people searching for services related to your business will go to one of these sites and do a search. If your business listing shows up, it will drive more traffic to your site, where they can see special offers.
- Email: As you provide services to more people, try to collect their email addresses. Then, send out special offer emails to them about once a month. In that email, you can ask them to forward the offer to their family and friends. However, do not email them more than once a month. You don't want to be blacklisted. Another good way to collect email addresses is to have a signup form on your website. Ask people to sign up to receive monthly special offers.
- Local websites: If you do a search, you will find a number of blogs, forums and websites for your local area. These sites are very popular and people tend to talk about local businesses and special offers. Make a list of these sites and see how you can promote yourself there. Some websites will promote you for free while others may charge a nominal fee.
- Craigslist and Backpage: Both these sites are very popular for local deals. They are free to use. Post your special offers here about two times per week.
- Tracking: It is essential for you to track all your social media offers. Try to promote one offer at a time so that it is easy for your business to track them. If you track all your offers regularly, you will soon have a list of sites that are more effective than others. Then, you can focus your efforts on those sites.
- Offers: Another essential thing for you to remember is how you structure your offers. Make the offers relevant to the season and what people are looking for. You should also have your phone number and expiration date on all your coupons.
By using these methods, you can refresh your online advertising efforts and continue to generate leads for your business more efficiently. The HVAC business is very competitive but if you are organized and willing to use online marketing efficiently, you will see high returns at a low cost.
Importance of Marketing for HVAC Business
Do you want to build steady streams of qualified leads for your sales force? No matter what kind of marketing you use -- direct mail... telemarketing... print ads... radio or TV-- the same cardinal rule applies: test everything on a small scale before spending money on a big scale.
'Testing' is an ugly topic. Why? Because testing variables in advertising direct mail, phone scripts and sales presentations requires discipline, diligence and patience. You can only test one variable at a time if you want to get it right. This means that if you change a headline, you can't change anything else.
Start with small tests. Use them as launching pads for your product or service.
Test one ad one time. Avoid the costly mistake of repeating your test ad. Save your money! Test your ad by running it one time -- and one time only. Using this low-cost method you can test market any product or service for under $500.
Before expanding your schedule, track and measure results. Is your ad profitable? Is it generating sufficient leads? Are these leads turning into orders? Evaluate your test by using the following guidelines.
The fastest way to test is the A-B test or as some call it split testing. This is the fastest
way to test and get to a reasonable conclusion. Let's assume you have a letter and you want to leave everything the same but test 3 different headlines, and you have 1,200 similar addresses to mail to. What you would do is send every 1st person the A headline while sending every 2nd person the B headline and every 3rd person the C headline.
You can test again a control. A control is a letter, newspaper ad or Val-Pak coupon that already works well and you're using it on a continuing basis. You have been using it long enough you know what it produces. You have a known to measure against. Now you can start trying to improve that control, ideally one step or variable at a time.
If I'm trying to beat a control, here are the variables I'll look at closely, to see if there's room for improvement:
1. The offer
2. The guarantee(s)
3. The urgency of response
4. The big idea or big promise
5. The overcoming of skepticism i.e. credibility and believability
6. The style or tone of the writing itself
7. The look of the piece
By the way, little, very testable things DO sometimes make very big differences. A contractor changed the headline on his direct mail letter and went from getting three or new clients a month to 18 to 20.
You must collect accurate data or all your testing will be wasted. You must know where all your business comes from. To do this you need to code every offer, and track it. If you have employees who are lax about this, they can totally screw up your test.
My clients that have the best profits and incomes possess the best information about where their business comes from.
Highly successful HVAC contractors view everything they do...as testing. They do NOT see things in the context of 'success' or 'failure' like ordinary people do, and as a result they do not become 'de-motivated' like most people do.
Instead, they carefully organize the things they do into a series or sequence of experiments, testing options, and focusing on the ones they find that work. And they fully expect to go through any number of experiments that don't pan out before walking away from the lab with a winner.
Always, always test your marketing methods small. Then if they work and only if they work, test a little bigger. Keep getting bigger and bigger if it works.
Gtouchmarketing provides several marketing tools for HVAC Contractors in Danbury. Top HVAC contractors know that you must always keep marketing. Even when you have more projects than you can handle. Because when you stop marketing, you stop adding to your pipeline, and eventually you will not have any clients nor projects. So always keep marketing.
Gtouchmarketing is your solution provider. We can provide your business with the marketing plan you need for success, from corporate identity, to advertising and marketing, to web development, through printing services, while meeting your objectives, schedule, and budget. Let us become your marketing arm and drive the business that you need.
Are Your Marketing Efforts Already Successful? How Can You Know What Marketing Techniques Will Work Best For Your HVAC Company in Danbury? Call Us or Email Us Today
Discount HVAC Lead Generation Danbury