You Already Know Marketing Is Important To Your HVAC Business in North Carolina …
Use proper HVAC marketing methods that works well in North Carolina. And the best ones are the most basic. One trick is to get ideas from other industries. What works elsewhere usually will work for HVAC contractors marketing as well. Another trick is to test every HVAC marketing tool you use. Test small to see if the tool actually works, then track your results. And keep tracking continuously.
There are a few different types of marketing HVAC contractors use. The first is consumer marketing. This is directly aimed at attracting people in the market to get new clients. HVAC marketing concepts for consumer marketing are: Direct marketing with letters and postcards, TV, Radio, and print ads. The second type of HVAC marketing is aimed at other businesses. Home Builders and construction companies are great sources of getting new clients. Referrals from other businesses are also great income producers.
The problem is that managing your HVAC company is stressful enough already. To remain successful, you also have to determine and manage your HVAC marketing plan – which is a difficult job if you don’t have a dedicated marketing staff to get it done.
Digital Marketing and SEO For HVAC Companies
All HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning) businesses have "profit ability", that is the ability to make a profit. But the ones that make profits have solid profit strategies and practices, coupled with consistent focus on pricing performance.
Step # 1. Maximize Your Current Opportunity by Charging the Correct Price.
• Know all your HVAC costs.
• Have a profit plan.
• Know your break-even (bottom-line price).
• Build value in your offering (sales process).
Most HVAC companies leave money on the table by not having proper control or management of their pricing. Invest some time in the management of your pricing and your bottom-line will soar. Having set prices in place allows you to maximize revenue productivity and your "profit ability", and even helps in deflecting pricing objections.
Step # 2. Maximize Revenue Productivity by Setting Benchmarks for Key Performance Indicators.
• Determine Key Benchmarks that drive business revenues (top & bottom-line).
• What gets measured gets accomplished.
• Expect 50% more from everyone (stretch plan).
• Provide necessary training and tools for profit success.
• Display benchmarks and performances.
• Reward for excellence.
Managing by benchmarks is a key component to your "profit ability". Knowing your numbers, especially your profit targets, gives you a clear roadmap to follow and helps you to stay on course when your profit vision gets blurry.
Step # 3. Maximize Your Current Customer Relations.
• Follow-up after Sale.
• Send monthly offerings.
• Send a personal note to top 20% of customers.
• Provide referrals to your customers for other non-competing services (builds value in you as a resource).
• Send Thank-you notes.
• Remember special dates/events (B/day, Holiday, promotion, etc...).
The initial cost to attract and capture a customer takes a big chunk out of your profits, so keeping your customers is a huge step in your "profit ability" factor. Having a plan in place to keep your customers fresh and attracted to you allows you to re-coup your initial investment in that customer. Studies have shown that it costs up to six times more to capture a new customer than it is to keep a customer- make an investment into keeping your customers, your bottom-line will love it.
Step #4. Leverage Your Customer Base
• Harvest all of the possible opportunities from your existing customers.
• Build an opportunity database with that information and market from it.
• Extend your HVAC product / service line to up-sell and cross-sell.
• Customize your offerings so that you differentiate yourself from the competition.
• Get and use testimonials.
• Get customer feedback on everything.
Your "profit ability" skyrockets when you can create repeat sales to your existing customers. Several different studies have shown that the longer you extend the selling lifecycle of your customer base the greater the increase of your overall profits. Have a plan in place that creates irresistible offers to your customers so that you can sell to them over and over again.
Step #5. Make Your Whole HVAC Business a Salesforce.
• Provide incentives to everyone in your business to sell.
• Make your customers become part of your salesforce by providing Outrageous value and service that they "BUZZ" to everyone about you.
• Reward everyone for referrals.
• Make your suppliers a sales resource for you by referring their products and services to others.
• Make it fun to sell for you.
Imagine what would happen to your "profit ability" if you got everyone involved harvesting opportunities and then converting them into leads and sales. The burden of having a huge sales force can be lessened by turning non-revenue producers into revenue producers simply by creating a selling environment throughout your business. Making this happen will have a huge impact on your profits.
Step #6. Have a Plan to Attract the Correct and Best
• Employees (Rank Best to Worst).
• Customers (Best fit).
• Vendors (products).
• Partners (banker, lawyer, accountant, etc...).
• Opportunities (networking).
Don't settle for second best, it costs you profits. Always look to improve the people and ideas you surround yourself with until you find the best possible fit for you and your "profit ability". The people around you are the conduit to your success; they provide the power and energy that connects your success to profits.
Step #7. Make Your HVAC Business Agile
• Automate as much as possible
• Outsource what you can
• Keep overhead as low as possible without sacrificing quality and customer experience
• Don't get it unless it is "YES" to this question; "Will it help me generate revenue and profits?"
• Cross-train employees
It is much easier to acquire costs than it is to shed costs. Make sure that you position your business to run lean and mean. Don't overburden the "profit ability" of your business with unnecessary overhead. Picture a wagon-train; you want more horses in your business than wagons.
Step #8. Keep Changing and Growing
• Stay in touch with current HVAC market conditions and adapt to changing needs.
• Challenge assumptions from within your industry (Be a Leader).
• Experiment with new ideas, processes and products.
• Never stop asking questions.
• Never stop learning.
• Grow from mistakes.
Never assume when it comes to making a profit. Profit slippage easily occurs when you take your "profit ability" for granted, or you become lazy in learning, stubborn with change and happy with status quo. Profits are fleeting moments that will slip away if you loose focus and stop growing.
Step #9. Share Your Success
• Have a profit sharing plan.
• Say "Thank-you" and mean it.
• Give to your community.
• Have a balance in your life.
Don't be greedy; give the people around you personal "profit ability" and watch your "profit ability" skyrocket.
Step #10. Always Deliver More Than You Promised
Keep all your promises.
• Always follow-up.
• Take care of problems.
How to Get More Leads for HVAC Company
Looking for a reason to start a local seo campaign? Let us look at why local search marketing can and will benefit your business.
Cost & ROI of Local Search Marketing
One thing to note is that a local seo campaign can cost as little as $300 per month, or as much as $10,000 per month depending on your industry. Another reason for the cost difference includes whether or not you are utilizing a cpc or cpm campaign.
Sure seo can be expensive, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. An effective campaign can easily increase business by up to 1,000%, and justify the cost of the campaign. Of course, there is a ramp-up period for most campaigns, which can mean a 4-month difference between the time you spend and the time you get a return on investment.
Exposure is Golden
Local seo campaigns are designed to saturate the search engines with your brand. Your target goal should be to appear in more than one 1st page slot on Google and other search engines. This can be done with your website, lead sites, and social media pages.
The exposure that a business can receive from a marketing campaign can catapult it above the competition in a short period of time.
Gtouchmarketing provides several marketing tools for HVAC Contractors in North Carolina. Top HVAC contractors know that you must always keep marketing. Even when you have more projects than you can handle. Because when you stop marketing, you stop adding to your pipeline, and eventually you will not have any clients nor projects. So always keep marketing.
Gtouchmarketing is your solution provider. We can provide your business with the marketing plan you need for success, from corporate identity, to advertising and marketing, to web development, through printing services, while meeting your objectives, schedule, and budget. Let us become your marketing arm and drive the business that you need.
Are Your Marketing Efforts Already Successful? How Can You Know What Marketing Techniques Will Work Best For Your HVAC Company in North Carolina? Call Us or Email Us Today
Discount HVAC Email Marketing North Carolina