You Already Know Marketing Is Important To Your HVAC Business in Lewisville …
Use proper HVAC marketing methods that works well in Lewisville. And the best ones are the most basic. One trick is to get ideas from other industries. What works elsewhere usually will work for HVAC contractors marketing as well. Another trick is to test every HVAC marketing tool you use. Test small to see if the tool actually works, then track your results. And keep tracking continuously.
There are a few different types of marketing HVAC contractors use. The first is consumer marketing. This is directly aimed at attracting people in the market to get new clients. HVAC marketing concepts for consumer marketing are: Direct marketing with letters and postcards, TV, Radio, and print ads. The second type of HVAC marketing is aimed at other businesses. Home Builders and construction companies are great sources of getting new clients. Referrals from other businesses are also great income producers.
The problem is that managing your HVAC company is stressful enough already. To remain successful, you also have to determine and manage your HVAC marketing plan – which is a difficult job if you don’t have a dedicated marketing staff to get it done.
HVAC Marketing With Proven Results
In the 1990's, the cost to contractors of Yellow Pages ads was growing outrageous and, at the same time, the Yellow Pages were no longer generating large numbers of customer calls. In fact, customers were migrating steadily away from print Yellow Pages and onto the Internet.
I'm a contractor in Los Angeles, and in 1996, seeing what was going on, I built a website for my company. I soon learned that a website does little good if customers don't see it. So I began looking into how to get my contractor website to the top of Page 1 of search engines like Google. That's how I discovered Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What Is SEO?
The purpose of SEO is to get your website listed on the first page of the major search engines: Google, Yahoo, and Bing. (Around 70% of searches are on Google, so I'll focus on Google in this article.) Making modifications to your website to improve your rankings on Google is "optimizing" your website. It's a way to tell search engines what's on your website and how helpful it is to people looking for local contracting businesses.
Google doesn't use humans to determine which websites are the most relevant for a certain subject. Instead, they rely on math formulas (called "algorithms"). If a searcher is looking for a "plumber in Boston," Google will, among other things, count the times a website says "plumber" and "Boston." It also counts how many links there are to that website -- how popular it is. Based on these bits of math and many others, it lists the websites most relevant to "Boston plumbers" in the order most likely to satisfy the searcher.
The Advantage of Being at the Top of Page 1
If Joe's Electric in Tacoma wants more customer calls, his website better be on Page 1 -- and preferably at the top. If you think about your own experience in searching, you'll know why. How often have you clicked on a website at the bottom? How often do you look further than the first page? In fact, statistics show that 90% of those who click on a website never get past Page 1 of the search engine. Over 60% of their visits are to websites in the top three ranks of Page 1.
If Joe's Electric were in a small town, Joe probably wouldn't face much competition. With a good website, Joe's Electric could soon be right at the top of Google. But as his electrical contracting company is in Tacoma, an urban area, he'll need SEO to get his website to the top.
Steps of Search Engine Optimization
The first step is to make sure that your website is search engine-friendly. This is "On-Site SEO."
- Include "keywords" and related words on your site. Keywords are the words and phrases a searcher types into a search engine when looking for your trade. For example, if you're an HVAC contractor, your site needs to include keywords like "HVAC" "contractor" "heating" and so on. These tell the search engines that your site is relevant to searches for HVAC contractors.
- Add informative articles about your trade.
- Make specific programming changes, for example, to include "Metatags" and "Site Maps." These are techie-talk for labels that help search engines better understand your website content.
The next steps, "Off-Site SEO" show Google that your website is trusted and popular. This is done by getting other websites to link to yours. Google counts each link as a vote of confidence.
Off-Site SEO -- Get Links to Your Website from:
- Local Business directory websites
- Social Networking Sites
- Article sites
- Websites relevant to contracting
How Contractors Can Do Internet Marketing
While SEO is no more complicated than a construction trade, it is a different trade from contracting, and it can become time-consuming. Most contractors don't build their own websites nor work on pushing them to the top of Google with SEO. Internet marketing professionals are available who can focus on getting you more customers while you focus on what you know best -- your trade.
Digital Marketing and SEO For HVAC Companies
The HVAC business in the United States has seen unprecedented growth in the last few years. Innovative new products, government- backed tax rebates, and a renewed focus on indoor air quality and energy conservation are some of the main factors that have contributed to this growth. In addition to these factors, consumers are using the Internet to educate themselves about HVAC-related purchase decisions. They research different products and use social media to talk to other consumers before they make a purchase decision.
As an HVAC business owner, the increased use of social media by your customers and potential customers has opened up a lot of opportunities for you. You can use social media to do research as well as lead generation.
In terms of research, you can use social media websites to find out the following:
- What your current customers are saying about you.
- How people perceive your competitors.
- The types of offers that your competitors are offering.
- Who your potential customers could be.
- What your potential customers are looking for in a new HVAC system and after-sales service.
- How to reach potential customers.
The information that you gather from your research is very important. While it could take some time to get more educated about your customers and your competition, the knowledge that you gain can be used to create more effective messages for your traditional as well as your online advertising. For example, if you see a lot of people looking for proper after-sales service, you have the opportunity to reach out to them with effective service coupons that not only meet their needs, but also beat out offers from your competitors.
Once you have gathered all the information you need and are ready to start lead generation, you can use a number of resources to reach your target audience. Some of them are as follows:
- Online coupon sites like Groupon.com and LivingSocial.com: These sites have a large following and having your business featured on these can help you generate a large number of leads for a low cost. Since these sites promote themselves very well, you don't need to put in any additional efforts to promote your offers.
- Coupons on local newspaper, radio and television websites: Local media websites have started to promote a lot of local businesses recently because of tough economic times and the tendency of consumers to look for deals online.
- Facebook and Twitter: Use your Facebook and Twitter networks to promote special offers. A good offer can go viral very quickly.
- Your own website: Make special offers prominent on your website home page. Most of the time, visitors to your site already know what they want. Making offers more visible just aids them to make a faster decision to use your services.
- Yahoo and Google Local: Both Yahoo and Google Local are very popular sites to list your business. Most of the people searching for services related to your business will go to one of these sites and do a search. If your business listing shows up, it will drive more traffic to your site, where they can see special offers.
- Email: As you provide services to more people, try to collect their email addresses. Then, send out special offer emails to them about once a month. In that email, you can ask them to forward the offer to their family and friends. However, do not email them more than once a month. You don't want to be blacklisted. Another good way to collect email addresses is to have a signup form on your website. Ask people to sign up to receive monthly special offers.
- Local websites: If you do a search, you will find a number of blogs, forums and websites for your local area. These sites are very popular and people tend to talk about local businesses and special offers. Make a list of these sites and see how you can promote yourself there. Some websites will promote you for free while others may charge a nominal fee.
- Craigslist and Backpage: Both these sites are very popular for local deals. They are free to use. Post your special offers here about two times per week.
- Tracking: It is essential for you to track all your social media offers. Try to promote one offer at a time so that it is easy for your business to track them. If you track all your offers regularly, you will soon have a list of sites that are more effective than others. Then, you can focus your efforts on those sites.
- Offers: Another essential thing for you to remember is how you structure your offers. Make the offers relevant to the season and what people are looking for. You should also have your phone number and expiration date on all your coupons.
By using these methods, you can refresh your online advertising efforts and continue to generate leads for your business more efficiently. The HVAC business is very competitive but if you are organized and willing to use online marketing efficiently, you will see high returns at a low cost.
Gtouchmarketing provides several marketing tools for HVAC Contractors in Lewisville. Top HVAC contractors know that you must always keep marketing. Even when you have more projects than you can handle. Because when you stop marketing, you stop adding to your pipeline, and eventually you will not have any clients nor projects. So always keep marketing.
Gtouchmarketing is your solution provider. We can provide your business with the marketing plan you need for success, from corporate identity, to advertising and marketing, to web development, through printing services, while meeting your objectives, schedule, and budget. Let us become your marketing arm and drive the business that you need.
Are Your Marketing Efforts Already Successful? How Can You Know What Marketing Techniques Will Work Best For Your HVAC Company in Lewisville? Call Us or Email Us Today
HVAC SEO Services Financing Specials Lewisville